Do you need writing, editing, or consulting services for your scholarly project?
I love assisting writers, researchers, and scholars with their projects. I especially love working closely with clients, giving them feedback, and helping them with crafting their written work and ideas for clarity, consistency, and accuracy.
My content areas of expertise are:
- Religious Studies
- Qualitative Research Methods
The style/type of work that I specialize in is:
- Conference pieces
- Blog posts
- Web content related to specialty areas
Here is a break-down of my services and rates:
Writing and Editing Services
Copy editing and proofreading
- Level 1: Light copy editing/proofreading
- For this type of service, I will proofread written documents that are already polished but need a second eye to look over details that you might have missed, such as the misuse of “you’re” and “your.” For a light copy edit, I will correct the following:
- Tables and lists
- Level 2: Medium copy editing
- This service is for written documents that require additional copy editing revisions. In addition to all of the services listed in level 1, I will make suggestions to correct the following common issues:
- Subject-verb agreement
- Verb tense agreement
- Basic content and style
- Level 3: Heavy copy editing
- Heavy copy editing requires a substantive reading of your written document. In addition to the services listed under level 1 and level 2, I will review your writing for clarity and organization. This service will include a specific focus on the following issues:
- Weak sentence structure
- Organization and structure
- Redundancy and inconsistency
- Style and flow
- Word Choice
Developmental and Content Editing
- I really enjoy working with individuals with developmental and content editing of their work. If you need assistance or consultation in any of the broad areas listed above, I will work with you directly to think-through and develop complex data and ideas.
Consultation and Research
- If you just need an expert to consult or someone to do some of the heavy-lifting around researching a topic or data collection, I can help in this area as well. As a professor of psychology and someone steeped in several areas including philosophy, religious studies, spirituality, metaphysics, and wellness topics, I can give you informal or formal information, depending on your particular needs. Usually clients needs these services as an add-on to the traditional editing work but I will work with clients on a case-by-case basis.
Free consultation for new clients. Feel free to send me a 2-3 page sample of your writing with a message listing what type of editing you would like me to do. We can discuss your editing needs and rates as part of our initial consultation. Please note, I do not provide free editing services - i.e. I do not edit samples.
Hourly rates start at $50/hr - a one hour minimum rate will apply to most copy editing/proofreading jobs.
10% Discount applies to advance purchase of 6+ hours of editing services.
10% Discount for repeat customers.
An example of estimated prices on academic documents is as follows:
Article, Essay, Conference Paper, or other Short-Form Work: $100-$500
Thesis (M.A., M.S., or M.F.A.): $500-$1,500
Dissertation, Book, Essay Collection, or other Long-Form Work: $700-$3,000
My fee depends on your project’s length, timeline, and level of editing required. Documents that require Level 1 edits take substantially less time than documents requiring a Level 3 service.
Rush rates of $50 per document apply to any service that requires a turnaround of less than 24 hours for a level 1 edit; or 72 hours for a level 2 or 3 edit.